Featured Post

Some photos for you to enjoy :) (Another Quick Catch Up Post)

I hope the day finds everyone well and happy :). I have been lurking and reading a lot lately but honestly my brain has been too fried to re...

~All blog content and photos on TnMtnRose are property of LNS the owner of this blog and may not be copied , reposted or used for any purpose without written permission from LNS with proper credit given. If you want to read about our homeschooling adventures or find free ministry printables, then feel free to use the links on the sidebars to visit my other blogs.~
read the printed word!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

So Far In The New Year

We have had snow...more than our fair share I dare say. We actually had a white Christmas which was nice. We had a great holiday spent with our family. Our new years weekend was great. Preacher's sister and her family came up.
I have been working on a baby quilt that I will be selling on Etsy when it is finished. I'm hoping to make a few extra dollars this year to supplement our income.
The big news for me this year? I applied to our local community college . I will be enrolling in their nursing program. I first have to take some biology courses (prenursing stuff). I'm excited though. I knew that I wanted to go back to school it was just a choice between teaching and nursing. I chose nursing  because I've always wanted to be a labor and delivery nurse. For years I considered getting my teaching degree but after much thought and prayer I just don't feel that I could acclimate to the indoctrination and aversion to Christianity that is going on in our public schools these days. I love homeschooling my kids and will continue to do so. We will just have to do some work on scheduling when I know when my classes will be. I don't start til this fall so we have a bit to work on details.
I have three pumpkins that are sitting around waiting to become pumpkin butter. They were suppose to be in jars weeks ago lol but I cant seem to find my motivation for it. Y'all need to encourage me to get busy, these things won't last forever :)
I did receive my first seed catalog the other day. I realized that I pretty much want everything in the book. Sadly I have not the space nor funds for that :) I'm really not sure how I'm going to do my gardening this year. I know the "maters" will be a staple this year as always. I will probably do cukes of course as my kids feel the world revolves around pickles. Do y'all have your garden plans ready yet? What are you planting?
Blessings! ~ Nikki

No comments: