Featured Post

Some photos for you to enjoy :) (Another Quick Catch Up Post)

I hope the day finds everyone well and happy :). I have been lurking and reading a lot lately but honestly my brain has been too fried to re...

~All blog content and photos on TnMtnRose are property of LNS the owner of this blog and may not be copied , reposted or used for any purpose without written permission from LNS with proper credit given. If you want to read about our homeschooling adventures or find free ministry printables, then feel free to use the links on the sidebars to visit my other blogs.~
read the printed word!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Pirate Queen by Patricia Hickman ! Book Review For BFB

I was looking forward to getting this book. It was such a great read that I finished it in just a few days. It is such a heartwarming story of redemption,understanding and knowing what real love is. It was amazing to watch the story of Saphora and Bender unfold.Let me try to give you the bones of the story without revealing too much.

 Pirate Queen is about the unraveling and then reweaving of the love of Saphora and Bender. Saphora is heartbroken that life and love have left her in a place where she feels she has no value. She is ready to begin anew when she finds out news from Bender that pulls them back together and helps her to realize that she is indeed still in love and loved. We get to watch the metamorphosis of her and Bender's relationship and the relationships they have with their children.Throw in a little boy who needs love and understanding himself and you have a wonderful story. Then when Bender and Saphora understand what redemption truly is ...ahhhh ...then it becomes a truly great story. It takes a little bit to get into the part where the title "Pirate Queen" comes in but well worth the wait.
I was provided a review copy of this book by WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for my honest review.


I think you will love this book. I know I really enjoyed it. Blessings! ~ Nikki

No comments: