Featured Post

Some photos for you to enjoy :) (Another Quick Catch Up Post)

I hope the day finds everyone well and happy :). I have been lurking and reading a lot lately but honestly my brain has been too fried to re...

~All blog content and photos on TnMtnRose are property of LNS the owner of this blog and may not be copied , reposted or used for any purpose without written permission from LNS with proper credit given. If you want to read about our homeschooling adventures or find free ministry printables, then feel free to use the links on the sidebars to visit my other blogs.~
read the printed word!

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Bath Towel Apron

My dear MIL had given me this luxurious bath towel and I had decided to make it into an apron. That was months ago ... so today while nursing my arthritis riddled hip  :) I decided to get busy sewing. The towel was 54 inches long so after I took off what I needed for the bib apron I have enough for a half apron like my Mamaw always wore. This picture is not the greatest cause I took them with my phone but my cousin Noo has my camera to get pictures of her DS's graduation. I will post better ones when I can. I used some binding fabric I've had for years to make the border and ribbons. I used the scraps from where I tapered the apron to make the pockets. Let me know what you think. Blessings!
Comment

I’m not the best sewer but would love to try this. Is it hard to make? I love aprons and wear them almost daily. this would be a great one to have. Blessings, Ann     


HI Ann, this one was super easy to do. I actually did all the sewing by hand because there just wasn’t’ that much of it. I folded the towel in half length wise and cut it to my desired length. This towel came to nearly my ankles and I cut it to right above my knee. I didn’t even measure, just roughly cut where I wanted it. While I still had it folded length wise , I made a tapered cut from the top down the side of the towel that is about 6″ or so in length, once again I didn’t measure I just kinda eyeballed it LOL.That gave me my bib design. I then just sewed on the binding by folding it in half over the edges. This is so easy and virtually mistake proof.What I love about it is that the towel is so thick that it can really take a spill without soaking my clothes. Plus its white and I can bleach it without worries. Post about it if you make one, I would love to see it. I had enough towel left to make a half apron so I’m going to work on that today. Blessings!

No comments: