Featured Post

Some photos for you to enjoy :) (Another Quick Catch Up Post)

I hope the day finds everyone well and happy :). I have been lurking and reading a lot lately but honestly my brain has been too fried to re...

~All blog content and photos on TnMtnRose are property of LNS the owner of this blog and may not be copied , reposted or used for any purpose without written permission from LNS with proper credit given. If you want to read about our homeschooling adventures or find free ministry printables, then feel free to use the links on the sidebars to visit my other blogs.~
read the printed word!

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Climbing Trellis For My Cucumbers ... And Frost?

May 18, 2009
It has been such a beautiful day. A little cooler than normal but nice.  I have been hanging laundry out to dry and enjoying having the windows open and the fans running. ( I have cut our electric bill by $100 by doing this. I prefer the smell of line dried clothes and breezes flowing through open windows.) My Daddy called a few moments ago though and said the weatherman is calling for possible frost tonight... what? Late May in Tennessee? Frost? Oh well, you know what they say about our weather here... if you don't like it , wait a minute. Any way , I thought I would post some garden photos. I made the trellis today for the cukes. I picked up 2 packs of 5ft bamboo sticks at the $ Tree and used them to make the trellis. I formed two tepees on either end and secured another to the top of those. On the bottom I secured two poles (taped together) to each side of the timbers that form my bed. Once that was done I used nylon string to weave between the top and bottom poles so that the vines can climb. It turned out pretty good I thought . And it was super cheap to make as the only thing I had to buy was two packs of the sticks = $2.

Cucumbers

Squash

Maters

This is a picture of homemade garlic and cheese sticks that I took to my parents tonight. My Momma had been craving spaghetti so I made some for her. These were yummy and easy to make. Check out the recipe below for the dough. It is a basic pizza style dough that also makes great bread sticks.

Easy Pizza Dough
3 cups bread flour (for bread machines)
2 tablespoons yeast (quick rise)
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup olive oil (or whatever oil you prefer)
1/2 - 1 cup warm water
Mix together and knead until dough is smooth and pliable. Cover and let rise in a warm area.
You can also add parmesan cheese into the mix or minced garlic or whatever flavors you wish to add.
Blessings! ~
comments:
HopefulHeart77

Your garden looks great! I am very thankful you had no frost. Thanks for stopping by my blog and thanks for the site. Have a blessed day!

No comments: