Featured Post

Some photos for you to enjoy :) (Another Quick Catch Up Post)

I hope the day finds everyone well and happy :). I have been lurking and reading a lot lately but honestly my brain has been too fried to re...

~All blog content and photos on TnMtnRose are property of LNS the owner of this blog and may not be copied , reposted or used for any purpose without written permission from LNS with proper credit given. If you want to read about our homeschooling adventures or find free ministry printables, then feel free to use the links on the sidebars to visit my other blogs.~
read the printed word!

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Sep 28, 2009

Sep 28, 2009
Today was a beautiful Autumn day. The rain was gone and the sky was such an amazing blue. There were huge puffy white clouds floating in the sky. You know the ones I'm talking about :) You can see Autumn in the wildflowers blooming everywhere and the leaves are beginning to lose their vibrant summer green. We have had a cool windy day today and are supposed to see temps near 47 tonight. I am looking forward to the cooler days.
I spent the day at my Aunt's house with DD BabyGirl. I sewed some throw pillows for her. They are so pretty. They are a vibrant sunny yellow. I sewed three square ones and two "taffy" roll pillows. She will fill those and then tie ribbon on the end like a piece of taffy.
After I got home DH Toodles and I cooked supper. We had pinto beans that he had simmering on the stove all day and "taters" and smoked sausage with cornbread. Yummy! After summer we went out into the backyard with DS Hoopy to pick up our "harvest". Know what these are?

Yep ... its chesnuts. This year they are huge. These came from the three small chestnut trees in our backyard. We used to have two huge trees in our front yard but our landlord wanted them cut. It made me want to cry. I love chestnut trees. The bark alone is so pretty. Still we have enough to enjoy and share with the squirrels and chipmunks. I posted the poem today for the Autumn Poetry party I am hosting on my homeschool blog. So far I am the only one who has posted one. I am giving away some neat little prizes this year. Nothing "huge" but some nice little Autumn themed things. Wont you please join me ? Just click on the graphic at the top of the blog to join the party. Blessings ! ~ Nikki
comments:
HopefulHeart77
Hi! Those chesnuts are so pretty! You are quite blessed. Have a wonderful day!
Schatzi
Just stopping by to say Hi…you have a wonderful blog.
Blessings,
Connie

No comments: