Featured Post

Some photos for you to enjoy :) (Another Quick Catch Up Post)

I hope the day finds everyone well and happy :). I have been lurking and reading a lot lately but honestly my brain has been too fried to re...

~All blog content and photos on TnMtnRose are property of LNS the owner of this blog and may not be copied , reposted or used for any purpose without written permission from LNS with proper credit given. If you want to read about our homeschooling adventures or find free ministry printables, then feel free to use the links on the sidebars to visit my other blogs.~
read the printed word!

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Canning And Stuff

Well I ended up with four quarts of tomatoes.Isn't it funny how so much makes so little :) I still have not canned my pickles. I ended up having to run Nomi's shop the other day and by the time I got home I just had time to can the tomatoes. So maybe tomorrow what cukes haven't been eaten will get canned. My Momma and Daddy gave us over a dozen ears of corn from their garden last night. I'm thinking thats going to be real yummy baked in the oven with some butter.
I'm not sure if I'm gonna go to the farmer's market tomorrow or not. Our fix to the van that the dealer said would fix it ...didn't . So we have to pump out more money for more parts I guess. The good news is Preacher is off Monday with pay. That's nice. He gets a little extra rest this weekend and more time to work on the van. I'm very appreciative of my Momma letting me use her car but only five of us can ride in it so whenever we go somewhere as a family we have to take separate vehicles. Thats annoying especially since Preachers truck is having some issues.
We have an awesome landlord. He and his wife are truly great. Preacher is doing some work on a house they bought . Their son will be moving into it and the landlord was asking Preacher if we would like to move into the house his son is moving out of.  Preacher put in a new floor in the house 2 years ago for them and I got to look at it. Its an awesome  house. Its less than a minute drive from where we live now but the yard is much smaller and the neighbors are a lot closer. The rent would be higher too.  The perks are that it has 4 bedrooms instead of 3, 3 bathrooms instead of 1, a full size garage instead of a carport and a sunroom and less to mow which preacher likes. Even with all that extra house though I'm not sure if I want to leave here. It would mean I couldn't have a garden, not even a raised bed... no room, up here where we live now our landlord is our neighbor and then we have an older couple right beside us  and it is so peaceful. Plus there is wildlife in abundance that comes through here. I have tons of birds,rabbits and even a small herd of deer that come through sometimes. I guess that is something else we need to start praying about.
Have a great day everyone. Blessings!  ~Nikki

No comments: